Tuesday, October 03, 2006

IT'S BEEN AWHILE!

Izzy, the Tressel-loving Westie. Go Bucks!

To say my life has been busy would be an understatement. I apologize for not blogging lately, but fall quarter has all but consumed me. I am taking three very demanding courses and 5 hours of tutorial which basically encompasses writing my honors thesis. I am also very busy with the student-run public relations firm, ImPRessions, and the Public Relations Student Society of America.

Happy News: I found out yesterday that I won the Pyramid Award from the Miss America Organization. The Pyramid Award, in the amount of $2,500, is awarded annually to two young women who have competed in the Miss America Program at either the local, state or national level. Since I competed as Miss Marion Popcorn Festival 2005 at the 2006 Miss Ohio Scholarship Program I was eligible. However, you don't have to compete at the state level to apply for these scholarships. Anyone competing (and losing) at a local can apply. The Pyramid Award is designated for marketing or public relations majors.

Puppy Update: Izzy is getting big. She continues to be a wonderful companion and I love her dearly. The only problem is that Louie (who lives with David) also loves her dearly and won't eat unless she is with him. So, David ends up babysitting Izzy on my busier than normal days, which has made Louie happy.


Studious Louie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home