Friday, July 21, 2006

This is an awesome photo taken by Abby Bollenbacher's boyfriend, Loren,
during my talent at the Miss Ohio pageant. Loren took several photos of
Abby (duh, obviously) and all the contestants. I must say, he is very, very talented!

I know I promised a non-Miss Ohio blog, but I have been asked many times why I will not be trying again for a shot at Miss Ohio next year. First and foremost preparing for Miss Ohio took up ALOT of time and money. Because it was my first year competing, gathering competition wardrobe is essential and, need I say, expensive if you plan to do it right. This wardrobe inevitably needs to be tailored, again another expense. My talent involved renting a dance studio (because the dance studios at Ohio University are only for dance majors -- really a stupid policy, but I digress)...another major expense. Along the way, there were expenses...little nickel and dime things, but, eventually these add up.

Now, let me talk about the time commitment. My time is a very important commodity and pageants take up a lot of time..preparing for interview, talent, fitness, etc. Had I not accepted an internship during spring quarter, I would not have had the time to prepare for Miss Ohio. Now, entering my senior year, my time is even more valuable. I have research to complete and evaluate so that I can finish writing my honors thesis, a requirement for graduation from the Honors Tutorial College at Ohio University.

For me, the entire Miss Ohio experience was okay. It wasn't outstanding and it wasn't horrible. I didn't walk away with the feeling that I absolutely, positively HAD to compete again next year. Then, after assessing my priorities and goals for the next year, there was no doubt in my mind that I would not be returning to the Miss Ohio stage.

So, there you have it...my explanation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home