Monday, August 07, 2006

Remind me next time I volunteer to watch someone's pet, I make sure the pet is well-behaved. Last Thursday night, my dad came over to pick up a few items for storage and we went out to pick up a bite to eat. No big deal, but Molly (the lab mix I was watching) decided to wreak havoc in my apartment. We were gone no more than 10 minutes and she destroyed the wood trim around my front door, 6 vertical blinds hanging at my sliding door and took a bite out of our coffee table. I was devastated. My little puppy behaves better than this 11 year old dog! In any event, I am searching the web for replacement vertical blind louvers and David will replace the trim around the door when he is finished with classes this week. What a pain....

My mom came down Friday night and we had a great time doing artwork for my bedroom. We painted a fairly large, 36x24, piece and four smaller abstract pieces incorporating the colors in my new quilt. Fuchsia, coral, orange, gold, red....really pretty colors.

On Saturday, we went to Walmart and she spoiled Izzy by purchasing a "Bobo" stuffed animal that squeeks and several other toys and treats for her. If you have seen the Petsmart commercial with the little Dachsund who carries around a stuffed animal (the salesman scans the stuffed animal he calls "Bobo" while the dog is hanging onto it) that is what we got Izzy. My mom also brought her rhinestones, so of course Izzy now has rhinestones on her collar!

She also spoiled me a little, too! I have a new welcome mat that says "Wipe your Paws!", a new shower curtain and bath rug, and, of course, groceries!

This weekend I will "give up my title" at the Popcorn pageant in Marion. My friend, Katelyn Osborne, will be there entertaining and I'm looking forward to seeing her. I will not be dancing because the toes on my left foot have been numb since the end of Miss Ohio. Very weird, but I'm not supposed to dance and definitely not supposed to dance on pointe. So, I will be there to crown the new popcorn queen and her court and have some clever reparte with Bob Nunnally, a Marion native and WCMH weather personality. Since Marion Popcorn is not renewing their local franchise with Miss Ohio, the girls will compete in interview, talent, casual wear and evening gown. The girls will receive the same amount of money in scholarship, which of course, is a big draw.

I am working on a HUGE project for the Scripps School. It is keeping me extremely busy and the hours fly by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home